Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Kitchen Gear You Can't Live Without: Prep Bowls With Lids ($20/set of six)


I first came across these while helping my girlfriend out in her kitchen one day. Looking around for a plastic bag in which to deposit 1/2 of an onion for later use, I had one of these little bowls thrust into my hand and it's been love ever since. When I got home I ordered a set for myself and I use them every single day. Perfect for a variety of things, not the least of which is holding 1/2 an onion, you really will find that these things are indispensable. They hold about 1/2 a cup and are perfect for storing the little bits of things that are too small to put in a gigantic tupperware - like sauces and dressings and even a lunch sized serving of strawberries. They're glass, which is a huge plus, and the lids stay on fabulously. I often mix up just enough vinegar and oil salad dressing for one salad, pop the lid on, shake the dressing up, and then take it work with me for topping my lunch. In fact, it is small enough that you can often fit it into the bigger container with your salad for a perfect bagged lunch. At $20 for a set of six from Pampered Chef, you can't go wrong. In fact, you'll find them so useful, I really would recommend ordering two sets.




2 comments:

  1. That's a fantastic idea about shaking up dressing! Mixing dressing always stumps me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I have just been looking for information about this subject for a while and yours is the greatest I’ve came upon so far.

    ReplyDelete